Thursday, November 20, 2008

Okay I am back

I have not been blogging in a long time, for several reasons; mostly I didn't think people wanted to know what I think about things going on here at home. That said, I enjoy writing, and I appreciate comments and feedback.

I am going to write on this blog primarily about Oregon, and Portland in particular, Politics, cause I find them interesting, the economy, and of course military matters going on in our world.

Veterans Day; you know you have gotten older when Veterans Day takes on a whole new meaning. I know people who have served for a couple years in Iraq or Afghanistan, and I have to say hats off to you all. Also RIP to those who did not come home.

The election, I love the fact that our country has a peaceful transfer of power every four years. This year I watched families vote together, taking their ballots to the collection point together; Young people with their first election, and their relatives helping them to exercise their right and duty to vote. It brought tears to my eyes, no kidding.

Okay, that is it for today, Take care.

No comments: