Monday, April 16, 2007

Focus

My sister has a word of the year, or she used to. I keep thinking that Focus is the word to use...

I have a bit of time on my hands this week, and my curiosity keeps getting the better of me. I have things to do when I get home. I have to reestablish a relationship with my family. I have to do that in light of the fact that I may redeploy, or not, depending on what I find out upon my return.

There is a time when you can affect change, based upon information. Sometimes it is either not possible to get the information when you want it, or people aren't able to or willing to make your needs a priority. Generally when this happens if it isn't life or death it is called whining.

I have had some discussions with mostly senior NCO's and some Mid rank Officers, and the problem is that we have what we have. Any discussion about what we have, vice what we need rapidly turns off the audience. So my question is should you talk about needs or thoughts that are not exactly with in the decided solution? Is dissension really whining, or is it actually valuable information provided to the chain of command.

We are taught to do the best with what we have and not complain. Stoic. Great. I am stoic. Back to focus.

Things that need focus when I return. Family, Career both Military and Civilian, Future Options/Operations.

I also need to buy new boots and shoelaces. But that will be for my article on diffusion

All my best

Keith

No comments: