Friday, April 10, 2009

And So It Begins

After several months of minimal areovacs shuttling in casualties I am saddened to say it has begun again. "It" being the increase in wounded flown in and now occupying our hospital beds. They come attached to ventilators and ICP monitors. They look down at limbs no longer there and touch bodies scarred with shrapnel. Families pray their son/husband/wife/daughter will wake up.

I look into their faces and am filled with sorrow but I will hold their hands, wipe their tears and hug battered misshapen bodies. It was only a matter of time, I know this. And so another influx of wounded warriors begins.

Please pray and let me draw on your strength as I will need every bit to make it through.

2 comments:

Don said...

Just as the soldiers do what they do on behalf of us all, so do you do what you do on behalf of us all. I'm sure we'd all be happy to back you up in any way we can. If I knew where your back was, I'd cover it for you.

applepiemom.wordpress.com said...

I am so thankful to you and the team of men and women who work with you, to take care of the men and women who are taking care of our country. Blessings on you. Know that many ARE praying for your physical, mental and spiritual strength, so you can keep doing the work you're doing. We are humbled by your service. Jane