Tuesday, September 16, 2008

September 2008

The seven year anniversary of 9/11 is a day I believe I will always remember as the day the world changed, the day that I knew our 11 and 14 year old children would grow up in a much different world than I had and is a day where much is made of the heroism and tragedy that was experienced or exhibited in our country. I try not to dwell on the tragedy, and I have succeeded in not hating the people who wrought such a change in our world. However, neither do I forgive them, and I believe they should get the opportunity to meet their maker sooner rather than later. That said, September has other meanings and I am going to share a couple of them.

My Grandmother, Mother and Wife all have birthdays in September, one right after the other three days in a row. Go figure that out, Stephanie's boy friend, was born on 9/11, and September is the month that my wife and I decided to celebrate our 10 year anniversary, which took place while I was again gone from the family supporting the National Guard, a chore which I volunteer for, and which has had its costs as well as its rewards.

So... .Let me tell you about Hawaii, Lahiana to be specific on the lovely island of Maui. The surf constantly works the beach, not in a damaging way, but clearly in a way that does not allow you to forget it is there. My folks have a time share.... I like it. Taff and I stopped an purchased some food and wine, and have been having a grand time in Kahana. Snorkeling with turtles, watching dolphins race the boat, and generally fully enjoying our time together celebrating our tenth anniversary. We still have planned a Luau, and a Circ de Solei show shown on the island. The time change is humorous, we are ready for bed at 8 pm and I wakey wakey sometime approaching 4 am. Still and all a fantastic time.

Next time I will post some of the pictures if I can or maybe just what the ocean sounds like here.. Trust me it is relaxing.

Okay.. All my best to those that read this.

KM

No comments: