Sunday, September 20, 2009

Ponderings

I've had the past 4 days off, the weather has been beautiful, I was able to talk with the S.O. (significant other) and it's football season. Life is definitely improving!

After 3 weeks of no word from s.o. the anxiety level was slowly creeping up into slow panic level. Deployed to OEF for the next 9 months it's been a struggle. IM and webcams help a great deal and the 2 hours we talked flew by, I'm sure we would have spoken longer had it not been for the insurgents that started to mortar his FOB. Talk about a rude awakening and a sad reminder I care too much for someone in a war zone. He still hasn't recieved the package I sent back in August so I'm thinking the next one I send will have his Thanksgiving and Christmas cards in it.

I got an email from a RN friend also deployed to OEF. She's been there since February and is badly burnt out. She writes of being tired and alone. Of missing her family and her children. She tells me she's sad all the time and doesn't want to go to work.

To that I can relate. I have been in that place, where the wounded continue to arrive and you do the same thing over and over. The same thing being trying your damnest to save a young life. Some days it works, some days it doesn't.

My problem these days is I have too many friends deployed. Too many people I care about in a very dangerous place, a place where the CIC will not send the help they so badly need.

No comments: